Just imagine if you would be giving a job position to someone who does not know what to do. You know that the chances that this person will be able to do the job well will be a bit small. When you hire new employees, you just do not look at their qualifications. You also check if they actually have the skills that can make them great for the job.
This explains why people normally look for employees from trusted companies like Lanteria. They know that they can get quality people who will be perfect for the job positions that you need to fill.
Is a New Hire Training Necessary?
A lot of people assume that this is not important anymore. They have hired people based on their credentials. Even so, there are different aspects of the job position that people should become familiar with.
The easier it will be for them to understand what they have to do, the better that they will be able to cope with their assigned tasks. Most employees will get better at doing their job the more that they become familiar with it. However, you should realize that allowing them to know as many details about the task as possible will help the transition become faster.
Do you know that there are about 20% of employees who choose to leave their jobs after a few weeks of getting hired? This means that they are usually feeling overwhelmed about all of the things that they have to do. They may also feel that they are unable to cope because they were not given the right amount of help and training.
With efficient onboarding process, you will have a higher chance of keeping the people that you have hired. If they feel that they are growing because of the things that they are learning, they will usually stay at the company for years.
How to Train New Employees Effectively
You do not want newly-hired employees to leave your company. This will be very problematic for your HR department. They would need to look for people who will fit your company again. You need to come up with a solid strategy that will help people get to know their job positions better.
Take note that training employees will go beyond teaching them where the different common areas are. You also need to teach them about the things that they are required to do, their responsibilities, and so much more.
These are some of the things that you can do to come up with an effective training program:
- Establish the different procedures that need to be done by employees when they first enter the company.
- Make sure that your managers are familiar with how they can properly onboard employees that are under their department.
- Onboarding should start even before employees start working for you.
- Come up with some of the best practices of onboarding. Let your managers know about it. The more that they know, the better that they can come up with solid plans.
- Train the employees so that they can improve their understanding of company culture. The more they feel at ease with your company’s culture, the better.
- Do some reviews and adjustments depending on the current trends that are being introduced.
It will always be a wise idea to become familiar with the ways that employee training should be done at this day and age. Being updated with the changes will always be effective in the long run. There are some companies that can help with employee onboarding and training too just in case you would like to focus on other things instead.